Pay for the services you want 

The perfect option for a divorce that is simple in facts.
You pay for the services you want and get legal representation for those services.
When you use an attorney to draft your documents, they are written to advocate your strategic position.


Access to justice for self-represented litigants.

Iowa Divorce Procedures            

1.  Petition & Original Notice
One spouse must file a petition for dissolution to start the process (Petitioner).  The original notice is the instructions for the non-filing spouse (Respondent).  This must be served by the Petitioner on the Respondent by a process server, county sheriff or the Respondent can waive formal service.

2.  Answer to Petition  
The Respondent must file an answer to the petition within 20 days of being served the papers or waiving service.

3.  Financial Affidavit
Each spouse must file a financial affidavit with the court disclosing assets, debts and expenses.

4.  Child Support Worksheet  
Each spouse must file a child support worksheet.  This is the most difficult document to complete on your own.  If you were to chose one document to receive assistance, this should be the one.     

FEES: $200 for each document above.  All fees include a legal consultation on the specific document and assistance with filing the document.     

Iowa Divorce Agreements and Orders                                            

1.  Legal Agreement (Settlement)
$600.00 (drafting, discussion and 2 revisions)
Required document:  Mediation Agreement pursuant to court order
OR Court Form signed by both parties of divorce
Form 128 - Married with no children or adult children
Form 228 - Married with minor children and Form 229 - Parenting Plan Agreement.

2.  Qualified Domestic Relations Order
An order necessary to transfer marital assets awarded in a divorce from the spouse's pension or retirement account

3.  Wage Withholding Order
A court order to withhold wages from the parent paying child support who is an employee of a company.

4.  Decree
Necessary for court to approve the agreement signed and filed by the parties in the case.

Legal services are governed under the
Rules of Professional Conduct 32:1.2

NOTICE:  Under the Professional Rules of Conduct, there is an automatic conflict of interest between the 2 parties in a family law case.  Hope Wood only represents the party who has entered into an agreement for unbundled services.  The other party can represent himself or herself or hire an attorney for representation.